A Buyer’s Guide to Understanding the Difference.
Buying New vs Used Car. It’s a widely known fact that people take a huge loss when buying a brand-new vehicle, but do you know by how much?
Brand-new vehicles depreciate in value by as much as 11% as soon as they’re driven off the lot, and to a minimum of an additional 10% by the end of the first year. That means that you’ll lose $2200 on a $20,000 vehicle right after purchase… YIKES! By the fifth year, vehicles will depreciate (on average) by as much as 60% and sometimes even more. That’s a whopping $12,000 that you’ve now lost on your $20K vehicle! Yeah, we’ll let that sink in for a minute…
When it comes to depreciation value, some other factors to take into account are:
- Mileage: Miles put onto the vehicle compared to the age of the vehicle.
- Cosmetic Condition: Damage(s) to the exterior bodywork and interior of the vehicle.
- Previous Accidents: Cost of the “hit” associated with any previous accident(s).
- Maintenance/Service History: How often was the vehicle serviced and taken care of in general.
- Number of Previous Owners: Fewer owners equals better.
Why is Buying “Pre-Owned” Better?
- You can get practically any brand-new vehicles without the depreciation at House of Cars Arizona!
- We’re currently carrying a wide variety of 2016 makes and models with low mileage and for less than what most of the big franchise guys are selling them for!
- All of our vehicles come with CARFAX as well as a full mechanical fitness inspection.
- We also offer full warranty with great financing options readily available. Don’t forget, we cater to all car buyers; those with good credit and those with not-so-good credit. Our goal is always to ensure our buyers leave with a vehicle they want at a price they can afford!
- We carry everything from a Honda Civic to a Lamborghini! Not to mention, if we don’t have what you’re looking for in stock…we’ll get out there and find it for you! How great is that?
We’re not just here for the sale, we’re here to make you and your pocket happy! Bottom line is: we want to help you reach your car-goals. We love it! We enjoy it! It’s what we’re here to do!
We get it…buying a vehicle is a pretty BIG decision! If you have second thoughts about us, just do your research and see for yourself why buying pre-owned gets you into the right vehicle for the right price. It’s virtually the same as buying a brand-new vehicle, but without the depreciation!
Find a full list of our inventory here!